Health & Safety Plans
Updated April 21, 2022
APCO is working closely with the Anaheim Convention Center and contracted hotels to ensure sanitation procedures and other precautionary measures are in place at the APCO 2022 Annual Conference & Expo August 7-10, 2022, in Anaheim, CA. Please note that these safety measures will be updated based on the latest guidance from the state of California.
Highlighted below are some of the measures that are being implemented.
Personal Protective Equipment
- In accordance with the California Department of Public Health and CalOSHA, we comply with city, county and state requirements. Masks are recommended (not required) for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, in indoor public settings. Full guidance can be found at: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event. These sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, are placed at key contact areas such as entrances, reception areas, elevators and restrooms.
Cleaning and Sanitizing:
- There will be enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of escalator and stair handrails, elevator buttons, door handles and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected on a continuous basis with individual restrooms closing on a rotating basis so that deeper cleaning and disinfecting can be completed.
- The convention center has electrostatic sprayer machines that deliver disinfecting solutions to the front, back and sides of surfaces and provide superior disinfectant coverage for better protection, including against coronavirus.
- Disinfectant wipes will be provided in at various service counters.
Food and Beverage
- Service may be provided with options available to minimize contact, i.e. individually packaged items, wait staff distributing items, etc.
- For plated food functions, items may be individually wrapped, covered or served.
- Exhibitors will establish their own guidelines for their booth space.
- Physical signage has been placed in appropriate areas to promote hygiene practices.
APCO also encourages all participants to take the following precautions, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others and not able to maintain six feet of physical distance.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Stay home (or in your hotel room) when you are sick.
Current information about COVID-19 and Travel Resources
- City of Anaheim
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- California Department of Public Health
- State of California COVID-19 Webpage
When in Anaheim…
- Medical personnel are available in the first aid office (outside Exhibit Hall B).
- General questions: COVID-19 HOTLINE (714) 834-2000 (Orange County Health Care Agency)
- Medical questions: Health Referral Line (800) 564-8448 (Orange County Health Care Agency)
- Anaheim Testing Sites
Details on procedures in place at the Anaheim Convention Center and official conference hotels
- The Anaheim Convention Center has received GBAC Star accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, a division of ISSA Inc., the leading association for the cleaning industry. Accreditation is awarded to facilities that follow a high standard of cleaning, disinfection and disease prevention and that follow proper cleaning and disinfecting protocols and workplace practices.
In the unlikely event we cancel the conference due to restrictions by the State of California regarding COVID-19, your attendee registration fees will be refunded in full. Exhibitors will be contacted separately with options.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact the APCO Events Department at (386) 322-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding your booth or sponsorship, please contact APCO Corporate Outreach Department at email@example.com.